Click on an event for more information.
To arrange a customised lecture for your company / group, go to Customised CPD Lectures.
- This event has passed.
Road Pavement Maintenance CPD Lecture in Pmb
November 23, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This is an open, free lecture. Contact us to book your seat.
If cracks in road surfaces can be prevented from growing into potholes or weakening the pavement layer work via the transmission of surface water into base course and sub-base layers, much expense can be avoided. Many of the ‘traditional methods of sealing cracks and repairing potholes seem however, to result in unsatisfactory outcomes. The proper use of paving fabrics and grids is a time-honoured remedy (in use since the 1930s), and when properly executed the life of pavements can be considerably extended using these measures.
Delegates will come away with a good understanding of what these versatile materials can do (as well as 0.2 SAICE or SAIBD CPD credits for professionals registered with ECSA or SACAP).
PROGRAMME (± 2 Hours)
- Cracks in Road Pavements: The reasons they form & consequences of neglect.
- Cracks in Road Pavements: The futility of ‘conventional’ repair techniques.
- Nonwoven Paving Fabrics: How they are installed & how they work.
- Glass Paving Grids: Their nature, where they’re used, and how they’re installed.
- Composite Glass / Fabric Paving Grids: Their function in pavements.
- Case Histories, Problems & Recommendations: Useful information.